Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Denim Trousers

I have tried for months to get a good picture of these pants. I made them back in February...March maybe? Something like that. They were for one of my sewing classes. When I took that class, I had heard we would get to make jeans and I was so excited. I had always wanted to learn how and thought it would be so fun to get to embellish them however I wanted. Much to my dismay, on the first day of class, I found out we were making dress pants instead of jeans. But I was determined to get my jeans and my sister had always talked about how much she loved trouser jeans so I decided to make the dress pants out of denim!

The following photos are proof that I am terrible at photography. :)


 I tried to make them a little more casual by adding the white topstitching on the edge of the pockets.

I was so happy with how they turned out. I tried really hard to take my time and pay attention to my teacher, who is amaaaaazing. Miss her tons. Best part about these pants? Well, you can't see it, but the lining is purple! That's another fun part about making your own pants, you can do the lining in any color you want. Mine was actually by accident kind of, I forgot to buy my lining but thankfully my mom had some buried in her fabric box.

If you are interested in making these, you can find the pattern here. This pattern is really great because it has different types of fits (curvy, average, and slim), so you can really make them to fit you well. It also walks you through step-by-step of how to measure and make sure you make the right size. They are supposed to sit just below the natural waist, which is way too high for some people, but I wanted to try it, especially because I get really sick of super low rise pants. If you aren't a fan of the high waist though, you can shorten the rise a little bit. It would be really boring to explain how to here, so if you need help, I'm here! :)

Well, what do you think? Any suggestions on a project to do? I really would love to do a sew-along or something but I want to make sure it's something people want to make. I hope people are enjoying the blog so far! I'm still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment